DDLS - Plant pathology services help to facilitate domestic and international trade and assists in protecting the biosecurity of Western Australia.
We provide critical disease diagnostics services for horticulture (ornamentals, nursery plants, amenity horticulture, turf, soil, fruits and vegetables), broadacre crops (cereals, canola and pulses) and pastures.
Our clients include farmers, horticulturists, commercial seed producers, importers, exporters, marketers, mining companies, government agencies, agricultural and horticultural professionals and home gardeners.
DDLS - Plant pathology's experienced diagnostic team assists our clients with on-farm decision-making to improve the productivity, quality and marketability of crops through correct disease diagnosis.
- routine plant disease diagnosis in plants, potting mix, soil and water
- nematode analysis of roots and soils for horticulture and broadacre crops
- plant virus identification
- specific disease testing for seed crops to meet export requirements
- plant pathogen testing to fulfil nursery accreditation and export requirements.
After diagnosis, we can direct you to specialists to:
- implement best practice pest and disease control
- reduce your use of incorrect or unnecessary chemicals.
For more information about plant disease and virus testing, sample submission forms and sampling techniques, contact:
DDLS Specimen Reception
+61 (0)8 9368 3351