How is the Food Industry Innovation project helping WA premium food and beverage businesses?
The Food Industry Innovation project helps Western Australia’s premium food and beverage businesses achieve their growth plans by offering a range of tools and support services to address their needs, gaps and barriers to domestic and international export.
Food Industry Innovation priorities:
- Identify and prioritise premium food and beverage trends and high-value, high-growth markets for WA
- Identify WA premium food and beverage businesses that are suitable to increase production and/or expand domestically and internationally
- Provide targeted assistance to WA premium food and beverage businesses that are actively pursuing growth strategies
- Provide assistance to other WA premium food and beverage businesses through knowledge-sharing, skills development and collaboration opportunities
- Celebrate WA's premium food and beverage business success stories and raise the profile of the industry globally and domestically.
Tools and support services available:
Some of the targeted resources offered by the Food Industry Innovation project include:
- market intelligence
- tailored business growth training and workshops
- access to relevant subject experts based on identified business needs
- links to in-market officers
- industry networking events
- collaboration and knowledge-sharing opportunities
Expression of Interest form:
Registered Western Australian premium and value-add food and beverage businesses are encouraged to participate in Food Industry Innovation programs. To register your interest, click on the Expression of Interest form and complete the online questionnaire to let us know how the project can best support you in your business growth journey.
Where is our team located?
The Food Industry Innovation team works out of four locations across metropolitan and regional WA to provide premium food and beverage producers with access to state-wide information, resources and services to help address their business needs and gaps.
Food Industry Innovation staff are located at the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development offices in South Perth, Bunbury, Manjimup and Albany. Refer to the 'Contact information' below for more details.