The Industrial Hemp Grants Scheme (IHGS) program is a component of the state funded Agribusiness Innovation Fund (AIF), managed by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD).
The Grants Scheme is focused on generating improvements in agricultural productivity and competitiveness required for long-term profitability, sustainability and economic growth of the Western Australian industrial hemp industry.
The grants scheme will target projects that are capable of driving growth and competitiveness at enterprise, value chain level or whole of industry level in the following broad areas;
To assist the industry to:
- Develop better connected systems / connectivity that promotes information sharing;
- Undertake research in plant varieties that are suitable for WA;
- Develop a better understanding of processing opportunities for industrial hemp;
- Develop markets for industrial hemp products;
- Purchase of capital equipment, major infrastructure and specialist equipment.
About the Industrial Hemp Grants Scheme
- Individual grants from a minimum of $20 000 up to a maximum $100 000 for projects that can deliver industry-wide benefits to the industrial hemp industry in Western Australia.
- Applications will open on Friday 2 November, 2018.
- Grants are focused on generating improvements in agricultural productivity and competitiveness required for long-term profitability, sustainability and economic growth of the industrial hemp industry in Western Australia.
- Funded projects must be completed by 31 March 2020.
- Successful grant holders will need to make a matching cash contribution to the project.
- Successful projects will be selected through a competitive, merit-based process by an independent selection panel.
- Applications closed at 5 pm (WST) on Friday 30 November, 2018.
Western Australian based legal entities with an Australian Business Number (ABN) and registered for GST that are capable of entering into a legally binding agreement with the Western Australian Government may apply.
How to apply
- Read the Industrial Hemp Grants Scheme Guidelines, FAQ's and toolkit located on the right hand side of the page.
- Applications must contain sufficient information to demonstrate the proposed project aligns with the focus and scope of the Industrial Hemp Grants Scheme. More information on this can be found in the Guidelines on the right hand side of the page.
- Applications from eligible organisations must be submitted online using the SmartyGrants application form available at https://agric.smartygrants.com.au/hempindustrial-hemp-grants-scheme. To help you fill in your application, there is a word version of what appears on smarty grants located on the right hand side of the page. The word version cannot be submitted, however it will help you prepare your application. There is also a financial spreadsheet on the right hand side of the page to help with the preparation of your application.
For assistance with guidelines and criteria please contact Andrew Reeves via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 (0)8 9780 6224.
For assistance with submitting your application on SmartyGrants please contact Helen Wei via email on email@example.com or telephone +61 (0)8 9368 3582.